Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Birthday From Mom

My mom sent me a text message today. It was a beautiful poem and on the last part it says 'Happy Birthday Anak (daughter)'. I was surprised so I confirmed what I read asking her if it's really my birthday. And she said, YES. I asked her for more details on what year and where I was born. She was trying to call me but I didn't answer. Something inside of me was starting to swell.

Was it knowing that I've been looking at the wrong stars? Some people believe that the day of our birth predetermines our destiny. Knowing that belief, I should be looking at Scorpio (the Scorpion), instead of Capricorn (the Goat). My horoscope today on Scorpio tells me that helping other people today will help me open my mind and discover new ideas and that now is the best time for me to start something new. On the other hand, Capricorn tells me that I should let go of my worries and hold off accepting invitations from someone who's coming out too strong. Well, neither doesn't apply to me at all.

Shouldn't Capricorn say something like, "You have been fooled. Today, you will find the truth. Please refer to your mother."
And shouldn't Scorpio say something like this, "Ah. The truth has led you to me. You have been blinded for years. Please forgive your mother."
But the stars didn't mind or else other persons with the right birth dates might be confused. So horoscopes might only apply to those who have the right birth dates. And that excludes me. (geesh! pass me that newspaper please)

I don't completely believe in horoscopes and I should be making my own destiny because I have free will and choices laid out in front me.

Was it learning the fact that I've been carrying a fake birth certificate all the while and that my birth was registered 16 years after I was born? Was it reading on my birth certificate that I was born on the 22nd day of December? Or was it because my mom knows the real date of my birth yet she kept it for years and still registered a phony date on my birth certificate? Was it wearing blue topaz earrings when it should be citrine?

I don't know exactly if the date of birth a part of one's identity. I know this sounds foolish. But I've been carrying that phony date for years. Does it mean that I'm phony too? I feel cheated. Betrayed.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh. don't be. but really i don't know what to say... :(

    ReplyDelete